Tuesday, April 08, 2008

What Parable Am I?


As I leave First Baptist Church of Colorado Springs, and head toward First Baptist Church of Fowler, I have begun to think about lots of things.

Today, I attended a conference on Healthy Small Churches. As I listened to the presentation, I began to think about a book a mentor of mine wrote called The Art of Pastoring: Ministry without all the Answers.

As I continued to think about all of the things that happen in the process of leaving and entering a ministry, I begin to remember David Hansen's understanding of "pastor as a parable". Then I began to think about what will be my "parable" as I leave Colorado Springs. What is going to be the theme of my story as I leave here?

And how is that story going to be different in Fowler?? What is the story of God's grace that God will try and tell through me?

These are some things I am thinking about.

2 comments:

suesun said...

I think, if I were to become religious again, I would want someone as thoughtful as you for my pastor.

I tagged you- check out my blog.

xoxo

Heidi said...

I would have to agree with Suesun.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...