Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Morning Update

the weekend that was:
It was a busy weekend.

friday:
Jenny and I went to Starbucks in Pueblo after working out. Also got a few houseplants at Lowe's.
Talked with Larry White on facebook. After he tried to give me crap for a little while we had a good conversation.
Watched March Madness

saturday:
I hopelessly threw out the leftover seeds from last year into the flower bed hoping against hope that I would have some flowers spring up relatively maintenence free. Also planted bulbs for the dahlias. Relatively new at planting bulbs. We will see how it goes.

Watched March Madness

Also worked on bulliten and sermon and sunday school lesson. Saturday nights are always work nights for me.

sunday:
we did church in the morning. It went well. We had our church potluck and business meeting. Relatively uneventful. I took a nap Saturday afternoon. BAD IDEA. I am still all off kilter with sleep. And I acted like the goofy drunkard I always act like when very tired after I woke up. Actually I have never been drunk. I have, however, taken to much Vicadin once, and I acted a lot like that.

Had youth night SUnday night. Poor turnout, but it was the end of Spring Break.

on my to-do list this week:
the usual--Bible study, sermon, etc etc.
meals on wheels tuesday
Lunch with Ronnie tuesday
drop off cabbage starts to the Fairs
Check in with Lee Fullerton over at Ordway
get at least 3 workouts in at the Pueblo YMCA
hunt pueblo for flower starts
Think about doing flower starts in the house
(Can you tell I am obscessed with the gardening stuff yet)

procrastinating about:

reading embrace me, our church book club book.
quitting as friends of library president

book i’m in the midst of:
Tell It Slant by Eugene Peterson

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week:
Reckless Kelly's Bulletproof album

big excitment coming up:
none.

how i’m feeling about this week:
wishing there were more days in it

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

Really don't want to hear about planting flowers, we are still 60 days from even contemplating the design of the flower beds. It is really strange how interests change over the years, I was well past my forties before I got into planting flowers, now it is something that I thoroughly enjoy. There is something to landscaping and planting flowers that is very soothing to the soul.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...