Saturday, December 10, 2005

Quotes from Aquachurch

Unless you have sent one out, it is no use to wait for your ship to come in.--Belgian Proverb (90)

The person who does not have faith is like someone who has to cross the sea, but is so frightened that he does not trust the ship. So he stays where he is and is never saved, because he will not get on board and cross over. MARTIN LUTHER (90)

stability is nothing more than sluggish motion--(91)

If you are not livin on the edge, you are taking too much room

It is the start that stops most people (92)

Entrepreneurs are people who do what they are not quite sure how to do.

You miss one hundred percent of the goals you never take--Wayne Gretsky

Design your life's journey not through planning, but through preparedness.

In popular Hebraic piety Satan is most fierce on three occasions: when you walk along a road, when you sleep in a dark house, and when you sail on the high seas (100)

Living in the light makes singing in the rain possible (112)

Augustine and Calvin feared musics power in worship to stir up the sense and lead them astray.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday living--Leopold Stokowski

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.--Maya Angelou

Leadership is sending out vibrations of truth that hunt people down and invite them to join the song (117)

I had been my whole life a bell, and never knew it until I was lifted and struck.--Annie Dillard

4 comments:

San Nakji said...

I like the sluggish motion one! I am a big fan of sayings.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

My favorite is the Annie Dillard. I admire her writing so much. There is something electric about it. (I like the blue background, btw)

Brea said...

"If you are not livin on the edge, you are taking too much room."

I love it!

Fahd Mirza said...

I always like the one-liners. My favourite from your picks is

It is the start that stops most people (92)

He who dares, is the victor.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...