Saturday, December 17, 2005

STOP BLAMING THE KIDS

Once again another national figure blames his family for his resignation.

This makes me so mad. As if teenagers don't have to deal with enough, teenagers and children often take the blame for their parents not wanting to work any more.

First it was Colin Powell. Now, Stan Van Gundy. Stan quit as the coach of the Miami Heat so he could spend more time with his children.

Must the children always be the cop out for famous people to take a few years off. Even if it is true, can't you just resign for "undisclosed personal reasons"? Do you always have to get on national television and say that this was a joyful dream job...but you just need to spend more time at home? PLEASE STOP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know the answer to that question. But I would like to know your thoughts on it.

I think that it is terribly sad that so many children are entered into a s ystem where they are mistreated and not properly cared for. If people would realize this, I think that we would have more adoptions, whether they be homosexuals or heterosexuals.

I was adopted, so I can testify to the fact that others in my blood-family are not treated with the same care and love that I have been. So, from first hand knowledge, I believe that we ought to take care of our children for their benefit. Even if it offers some inconvenience to ourselves now.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...