Thursday, December 01, 2005

Singing the blues

Been feeling a little down and low lately, so I decided I wanted to download the song "Stormy Monday".

But which version should I get. Lou Rawls? Muddy Waters? BB King?

I decided to go with the originator.

T-Bone Walker:



Here are the lyrics:

They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad
They call it stormy Moday, but Tuesday's just as bad
Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play
Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me

1 comment:

Brotha Buck said...

You need a pick me up song: don't worry, be happy. Sung by a fish:
http://devast.blogspot.com/2005/10/dont-worry-be-happy.html

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...