Sunday, March 05, 2006

My addiction




I love slurpees. They are so hard to resist. I can be doing well with what I eat and what I drink all day, but slurpees are my downfall.

I have loved slurpees since I was a child. My mom would send me in to pick up her cigs, wave at the cahier from the car, and allow me to buy a slurpee with the change.

Those were the days.

I am consistently impressed with the different kinds of slurpees that come out. Some are based on juices. Some are based on sodas. And there is even one mystery slurpee.
I don't usually buy anything that says that is is a mystery. A little too risky for my blood!


8 comments:

SUPER said...

I have to say, I am not a slurpee fan. I do however enjoy an occasional strawberry cream slush from Sonic..which has ice cream and slush mixed together..so kind of the same maybe.

rubyslipperlady said...

I used to get a Dr. Pepper slurpee from Haldon's while at SC. Not a big slurpee fan, but totally hooked on Sonic. Wish we had it up here in the Frozen Tundra.

I love this post. Simple. Innocent. Fun.

feels good b n FREE said...

yummmy!

but no slurpees 4 me. :(

Friar Tuck said...

I dont get the appeal of sonic cream slush over slurpee. Slurpees are so much better.

rubyslipperlady said...

Let the battle begin!

In one corner - "The Slurpty-Slurp"

In the other corner - "The Sonic Slushter"

OK, so I'm just bored at work again.

SUPER said...

Amy...please stick to stealing my verbage...and NEVER try to make up your own again!

CLINT- WHAT?!!? Have you ever TRIED a Strawberry cream slush from Sonic? It's to die for! PROMISE!

rubyslipperlady said...

bite. me.

SUPER said...

only if you taste like a strawberry cream slush!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...