Thursday, March 23, 2006

Picture Meme

I have been tagged by San Nakji to take pictures of where I live. Since I was doing some of this for another project, it will be easy!







































































The mountain is Pike's Peak-- where America the Beautiful was written

The pueblo dwellings are called the Manitou Cliff Dwellings, and were inhabited by Native Americans 1000 BC

The strange looking building is the Air Force Academy Chapel, on the elite training ground for the US Airforce

The next is a rock formation in a park called Garden of the Gods. This particular rock is called KISSING CAMELS. Garden of the Gods is the second largest municipal park in the USA, after Central Park in New York

The final picture is Seven Falls. Seven Falls is a waterfall in a canon south of town.



6 comments:

traci said...

Colorado is gorgous!!!! Wow... I should really come visit and new place I guess. Take in some of God's beauty.

Dreaming again said...

I lived in Pueblo for 3 years in my teens. I moved Dec 31, 1981. I instantly was able to name each of those. Either, we did too much sight seeing ... or ... Colorado really DID make a rather strong impression on me.

rubyslipperlady said...

So glad I have an interview to live there! 30 minutes and counting!

Oricon Ailin said...

How absolutely stunning! I like them. I want to visit Colorado Springs sometime. My folks and my brother have been there, but I haven't.

San Nakji said...

Wow, you take great photos! I thank you for this, you live in a truly beautiful part of the world.

Superstar Nic said...

These are really beautiful pictures. I need to do a picture meme one day!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...