Friday, September 12, 2008





On Monday night, Jen had fallen asleep on the couch in the evening while her laundry was going upstairs. She was beginning to pack for her trip to Michigan to see her family. She woke up because she felt a little bit of pain on her lip. Slowly what started as a fat lip grew into something huge.

She grew very upset. And, although I tried to be empathetic, I could not help but start laughing as I saw this giant thing growing on her lip right in front of my eyes. It just kept getting bigger and bigger. She started crying, jumping up and down, and flapping her arms. I tried to be more understanding. It worked for some time, and then I would just look at her and start laughing.

She could not decide what to do. She was too upset. I took her to our local loaf and jug, and we picked up a lot of benedril. She was loopy on benedril for the next day. We drove her up to the airport on Wednesday morning at 4am to get there by 5:30. Her lip was much better.

I felt bad that she had something so weird happen to her. But I still giggle everytime I see these pictures.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

OH! Poor thing! Was it a spider bite??

reliv4life said...

Poor baby!! weird, when I first met Sean he sat behind me in english in 11th grade. One day is top lip was HUGE!! I thought he has something stuck up there...he was allergic to red cool aid - we still laugh about that, 23 years later!! well, now that i think about it, I laugh more than he does!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...