Saturday, June 25, 2011

I Got Flocked






















I got home from leading Bible Study at the McCuistion's place, and found a gaggle of geese greeting me on the front porch. The geese were there upon request of someone who gave money to the American Cancer Society. The teens in town are raising money for cancer awareness it seems, and we were the beneficiary.


I have always wanted to get the flocking thing down. I did it with pink flamingos when I was a youth pastor, but I think the Ta-Ta Saving Teens have a much better grasp on the whole process than I did. They are doing great with it!


I liked the touch with the use of Canadian Geese instead of Pink Flamingos. They are nice decoys, and they were set up well. As you can see the geese were fun for Karis to play with in the morning.


It was an honor to be included in our community in such a way. So often here, we are clearly outsiders to this well-established little town. This little gesture made me feel like we were accepted and wanted in Fowler.








1 comment:

larkswing said...

During the recent relay for life campaign here, they also flocked folks. They had origami bird on strings placed on some kind stakes, so they swayed in the wind.

Love the geese! Love the cutie pie next to them and of course, do not overlook the cute pooch looking on from the back yard!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...