Thursday, October 27, 2011

Battle of the Bulge: Feast day is not a feel good day

Every week I have a cheat day from my diet. On my cheat day I don't keep track of what I eat. Since it is a feast day, I eat a lot of my favorite foods that are forbidden every other day. There is just one problem with this. My body has become used to eating healthier.

I used to have a cast iron stomach. I could eat or drink lots of carbs, and not be affected at all, with the possible exception of bad gas. These days when I eat a lot of rich, restaurant prepared food I end up going to bed with a stomach ache, and my mood just tanks. I don't know why this is. In ways I am thankful for this change. In other ways I am disappointed. It is what it is. I just thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...