Saturday, November 19, 2011

Prayer for the Day from Dietrich Bonhoeffer


Beneath Thy Tender Care
O Lord my God, thank you for bringing my day to a close;
Thank you for giving me rest in body and soul.
Your hand has been over me and has guarded and preserved me.
Forgive my lack of faith
and any wrong that I have done today
and help me to forgive all who have wronged me.

Let me sleep in peace under your protection,
And keep me from temptations of darkness.
Into your hands I commend my loved ones
and all who dwell within my house;
I commend to you my body and soul.
O God, your holy name be praised.
Amen.

(by Dietrich Bonhoeffer from Prayers from the Heart ed. by Richard Foster)

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...