The Gig asked me post about movies. Here are some self-generated memes on movies to pass on.
Six Favorite Movies
1. The Tao of Steve
2. Simon Birch
3. The Color Purple
4. The Matrix Trilogy
5. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Five Honorable Mention Good Movies
1. Benny and Joon
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Edward Scissorhands
4. American Pie Trilogy--Hangs head in shame becuase it is not something a good friar should enjoy watching as much as I did.
Four Movies I have Grown to Like, But Hated at First
1. American Beauty--At first just creepy. After watching it more than once was an interesting commentary.
2. When Harry Met Sally--hangs head in shame for admitting this to the men in the blogosphere.
3. Napolean Dynamite--Once I came to accept that it had no plot, I learned to love this movie.
4. Sideways--Did not like it at first, but it is one of those movies I keep coming back to in my mind, and may want to see again.
Three Least Favorite Movies of All Time
1. Waiting to Exhale--Stuck watching with mom and sis over Christmas. The drawback of being the only male in that crowd. The women in this story drove me crazy with their stupidity in relationships. Especially the Whitney Houston character.
2. Sleepless in Seattle--This movie was so corny that I wanted to just SCREAM. Instead I just mocked it incessantly.
3. Mrs Doubtfire--Could not stand this movie.
Two Movies Made Before 1985 that I liked
1. True Grit--Can a movie meme be complete without John Wayne?
2. Fiddler on the Roof--The only musical I have liked
One Movie I Recommend that I Doubt Anyone Has Seen
1. The Third Miracle--An interesting movie about doubt, faith, and the capriciousness of God through the character of a fallen priest.