Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Academy Award Comments



Most Happy About: Reese Witherspoon winning for playing June Carter Cash in Walk the Line.

Biggest Disappointment: George Clooney winning Best Supporting Actor. Total political power play. Clooney is not a Oscar worthy actor in my opinion

Biggest Smile: Its Hard Out Here for A Pimp getting best song

Biggest Frown: Brokeback Mountain winnning for Screenplay

Biggest Surprise: Crash for best picture.

Personal Thought: This overall was one of the worst Academy Award fields in years.

4 comments:

SUPER said...

Didn't even watch. Didn't even remember they were on. I'm pretty much over award shows recently. They never seem to go to the person that deserves to win, but is more about Hollywood Politics. Not fun to me anymore. Not even the music award shows.

rubyslipperlady said...

Crash is excellent. If I owned a TV, I'd buy it.

Brokeback, while not my fav, probably does deserve the adaptation. I mean, they did take a what, 16-page short story and make a 2 hour movie. That takes some talent and skill.

Loved Reese! And the pimp, please. Disappointing, but love how excited they were that they won. Hated the song, but that part was great.

San Nakji said...

From what I hear Brokeback Mountain is a hell of a film. No frown required. Down here we were happy as films from here (with American money) got four Oscars, yay!

Saija said...

you know, i'm from the bob hope era of academy awards ... or those are the ones i enjoyed the best ... elegance, good taste - well what was on display for us anyway! :o)

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...