Thursday, March 23, 2006

Preface:
This is part of a series of stories I am doing for a Flat Stanley project for a child in Alaska.


Flat Stanley’s Adventure: Colorado Springs Night Life

After a full day of Flat Stanley and I running around town I decided that I was tired. So I went to bed. Flat Stanley said he would just watch the television. When I woke up the next morning to someone knocking on the door and bringing Flat Stanley home from a night on the town I discovered that he was not just watching television. It took a little doing, but Flat Stanley confessed to me what he did while I was asleep.

I guess he met some girl who wanted to take him around town. She convinced him that if he was see Colorado Springs for himself, he had to see the nightlife.

He took this picture of some people while he was playing pool at a table beside him:











I thought this was a good thing for Flat Stanley so far. Really you know nothing about Colorado Springs if you do not know how big the sport of billiards is here. Every club and corner bar sponsors a team, and people play for a lot of the winter. Many of my friends that Flat Stanley met at church are a part of billiards leagues, or have been at one time or another.

Then Flat Stanley said that he went out dancing. Colorado Springs has some unique dancing clubs. The one he talked about the most was about Rumbay’s. Rumbay’s is 8 clubs in one. They have a 70s and 80s music section, a blues section, and hip-hop section, and a tiki bar area as well. Here is a picture of Rumbay’s that Flat Stanley took:



No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...