Sunday, March 27, 2005

Becoming a Choir Boy

Last month I joined the choir at my church.

I feel really good about it. I have always loved to sing, and always been made fun of because I did not sing very well. Especially when singing in the locker room after football practice in high school and college. Since I got made fun of for so long about how I sing, I have always wanted to sing but always been scared to.

It feels good to be valued for something in which I have always been told I had no value (except by my mother of course). Furthermore, it feels good to be part of a team (the choir) which is large enough to blend in but small enough not to be missed.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...