Sunday, March 20, 2005

A Personal Update

Just got back from Springfield IL for my friends' Dan and Jennifer's wedding. It went very smoothly. No little kids about to throw up. No awkward family moments due to divorce or jealousy. Nobody tripping and falling. It was fun. Even if I did have to wear a tuxedo. With a vest.

I love wedding receptions with dances. I love how people come all out from all different ages to dance, to celebrate, to just have fun and enjoy each other. We laughed, we smiled, we sang every word to "Baby Got Back." And I had a little to drink and goofed off a lot.

I think churches should have services that are more like weddings and less like funerals.

The thing I love about wedding dances is that everyone dances. Well not everyone, but people of every age. And it does not matter how good or bad a dancer that you are, it just matters that you are on the floor. And if you dont know the steps there is always someone out there to help you learn them.

I love that a wedding is a place where it is ok for a man to cry, as a matter of fact it is accepted.

And of course I love that weddings usually have good food and lots of it.

Most of all, I love that you always think that you are going to a wedding to support your friends, and that you end up built up and supported in the process.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...