Sunday, March 20, 2005

A momentary failure

I had a lapse. I surrendered to my book lust.

I bought REAL SEX: THE NAKED TRUTH ON CHASTITY.

So far I have found it fascinating. In particular is her ability to advocate chastity while claiming that for large periods of her life she was, "not very good at it". With references to Wendell Berry she communicates to deftly to people struggling with the nature and intelligence of Christian views on sex outside of marriage. In particular, she discusses the communal implications of sexuality and sexual behavior--especially in Christian community.

One thing--why does she always have the corniest covers to her books?

Anyway--some of the rest of you should pick it up!

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...