Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Best Drinking Songs

I have been thinking....what are the best drinking songs ever written...
Here is my top ten list:

1. Marguiritaville--Jimmy Buffett

2. Five O'Clock Somewhere--Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett

3. California Love--Tupac Shakur

4. Beer For My Horses--Toby Keith and Willie Nelson

5. Let's Get Drunk and Screw--Jimmy Buffett

6. Its Hard to Be Humble--Mac Davis

7. Sweet Home Alabama/Freebird--Lynyrd Skynyrd

8. Family Tradition/All My Rowdy Friends--Hank Williams Jr.

9. All Apologies--Nirvana

10. I Love This Bar--Toby Keith

UPDATE: HONORABLE MENTION--

I GET KNOCKED DOWN--TUBTHUMPERS

1, 2, 3, 4--COOLIO

9 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

What made you think of drinkin' songs? I had some wine last night, but just did a little reading instead of music. Different kind of drinking. However, you can't go wrong with Jimmy. Everybody now -- WHY DON'T WE GET DRUNK AND SCREW! (I can't help it, I love that song.)

rubyslipperlady said...

I think that's Tubthumpin'?

San Nakji said...

The greatest ever drinking song is a New Zealand song called Bliss by The Dudes. It goes "drink yourself to bliss, forget about the last one, get yourself another..." You should definitely check it out if you can - You can hear it here - http://www.smokecds.com/track/72327

Friar Tuck said...

Robin, is that the same song that goes "I have a cider drink, I have a lager drink, I sing the songs that remind me of the good times...I sing a song that reminds me of the bad times"?

SUPER said...

#1 and 4-8 I agree with!

and if you're going with Jimmy Buffet..I Still like Cheeseburger in Paradise as well!

Friar Tuck said...

How can you not like Toby Keith. He is THE BEST!

MZPEACH said...

Feel you on the California song. That is a good drinking song. I can imagine myself swaying my drink back and forth and dancing..lol.

Friar Tuck said...

Also "1, 2, 3, 4" by Coolio

Nabeel said...

i love the guitaring in the beginning of the "All Apologies" song by Nirvana

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...