Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Who would have guessed?

I am constantly amazed at the folks who come through this little blog of mine.

As I look over my blogroll I notice that there is a lot of diversity. For instance:

At least half of the "People I have met in tbe Blogosphere" section is not Caucasian.
My blog has been linked by 2-3 authors I respect in my professional field.
Ages of "subscribers" range from early 20s to people who are grandmothers.
Occupations vary from artist to education to church secretary to public health.
People visit from Europe, Asia, Austrailia, and all over North America.
There are more people from the South on this blog than I ever expected.

What did I expect? I think a few minister types would come through. And I was hoping a publishing person would come through and think I am a good writer. When that happened I blew it. It was a slow time in ideas to blog about.

I am thankful though, for the diversity and some of the friendships I have begun to grow and to form on here.

What about you? How has blogging been what you expected? How has it taken on a life of its own?

5 comments:

Fahd Mirza said...

Friar, yes I have also been thinking on these lines :)

I also thought that nobody but me and my aunt Lil will read my blog, but here I am making friendships in all continents, spending way too much time on my blog.

Even when I am not staring at my blog, I tend to think about it before sleeping and eating and virtually everytime. It has seeped into my blood.

rubyslipperlady said...

It's what my typical journals ususally become. An accounting of my life. Nothing deep, really. I think I fear that something might be found out that perhaps should not. That somewhere down the road I might regret having written it down at all. Something I've thought of often, wondering how to break through that fear. I am amazed and humbled at things I read in others blogs that inspire me and thank God for this unique way of keeping in touch and reaching out to others. Yea!

SUPER said...

Well, people that read mine probably come to the conclusion that I am a whacko, germaphobe that has no life, and generally tends to sound like a mysogynist. But after they get past all that..I think they probably usually get a good chuckle or two?!

San Nakji said...

Don't forget the guy from New Zealand! We are always being missed out... *sob*!

rubyslipperlady said...

Rubes, those who read your read your blog already know that about you.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...