Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Why do I do this to myself?

I had a job interview yesterday. A friend set it up, and so I went along to the meeting gladly.

It was wonderful. We ate cheesecake together and were straight forward about a lot of things, and came out very clear (in my opinion) that we could work together.
I really like the community the church is in, I would love the opportunity to be back in a small town...etc etc.

So what is the problem? I am really worried about the financial situation if I go there. And really worried that I might end up there anyway.

God has a strange sense of humor.

Pray that if I am led there that doors open to make it a viable option for me!

8 comments:

San Nakji said...

I reckon you will be fine. I would pray if I could, but I will cross my fingers for you instead!

Nabeel said...

make your choice wisely man .. whatever best fits you ..

what's the position you're going for?
You mentioned it's a church .. so thats why I wonder about the position.

rubyslipperlady said...

I love your passion for the Lord and reaching out to where you believe He most needs you. AWESOME! You are in my prayers to find the peace in whatever the decision will be for you and the church. It's a beautiful church, though, I've been there.

SUPER said...

Ask and ye shall receive...maybe not in the way you hoped!
If that is where He wants ya...He'll provide! He always does in His own time and manner.

And I'm ALL about you changing work environments. I still don't think the one you are in is the most positive place for you!

SUPER said...

What? Not gonna hold out for a Liberal, KS position? Ha.

Friar Tuck said...

I would go to Liberal is something opened up there.

Right now I have recieved four calls in the last two weeks from available churches.

rubyslipperlady said...

Awesome! Something is in the works, I pray the Lord will open your heart and eyes to what that is for you. Yea!

SUPER said...

What are you applying for? Assoc. Pastor, Youth Pastor...what?

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...