Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Message speaks to me

I like the Message. It speaks the words of Scripture to me in new ways. There are some times in my life where the cadence and language of a book in Scripture is something that I have read over and over again and I miss a lot of things because the Scripture has a familiar voice and a familiar tone. The Message translation (it is a translation..it is not a version or a paraphrase..I will post more about that if somebody wants me to)is unfamiliar so it speaks to me about the ancient word in new ways. In a way that grabs my attention.

Here are few quotes I kept on a sheet (until now) from Titus and 2 Timothy:

2:1--Your job is to speak out on the things that make solid doctrine.


2:15--God's readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation's available to everyone.

3:2--God's people should be bighearted and courteous.

2 Timothy

2:3--When the going gets rough, take it on the chin with the rest of us, the way Jesus did.

??--Warn them before God against pious nitpicking, which chips away at the faith. It just wears everyone out.

3 comments:

SUPER said...

Interesting. These are good.

rubyslipperlady said...

Why on a sheet until now?

Friar Tuck said...

Now that I have a digital record I dont need the sheet hanging around

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...