Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Why I do use quotes: A disclaimor

Some people who visit my blog have had concerns about the recent use of quotes. No worries.

There are a couple words of explanation for this.

First, from the beginning I have used quotes to fill in dry times in writing on my blog. I know some of you can write several entrances in one day. I cannot.

Second, I have been on study leave and vacation the last few weeks. Part of that process for me is collecting quotes. And, I like to drag my study time over vacation when I have it like this....

So...at the risk of exposing myself to much, I have been sitting around in my underwear reading books and organizing stuff in storage, and doing stuff at work on my vacation that I cannot let go. I have not been doing a lot of LIFE stuff, more REST stuff, which means that a lot of quotes have been interspersed with reflections--which has taken some careful attention to get to.

Finally, I have all these loose sheets of paper haning around with quotes on them that I need to catalogue. I catologue quotes in two places. One is on my blog, and the other is in a cheap black journal that I bought at Barnes and Noble. Being as I tend to lose these journals either on a WP (computer breaks down with no backup)or in a notebook (lose notebook) I have been trying adding them to my blog...hoping that GOOGLE is less absent minded than I am.

So, I will try and space out the quotes stuff a little more, alternating it with quizzes and pics (I cant stand just looking at script...and believe a blog is an artistic expression of sorts) and entries about my thoughts and experiences and all that.

Thanks for your patience with a more fallow period of productivity in my life.

4 comments:

feels good b n FREE said...

quotes r kool!
and so is sitting around in underwear...lol

but i think it is a neat way to keep ur blog going..even when u don't have n e thing to say!

rubyslipperlady said...

You quote away, just don't forget to include a little of you, my friend.

San Nakji said...

Ha ha, I like that Ruby!

see-through faith said...

I'm with ruby slipper lady

more of you along with the quotes and pics are good too

balance dear friend, balance!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...