Thursday, February 17, 2005

When I Grow Up

Where do you want to live when you grow up?

I have been thinking about this a little. Here are a few of the places I want to live when I grow up.

Philadephia, PA--my favorite east coast city. I want to be a member of First Quaker Church in America.

Cave Junction, OR--On the Illinois River about 45 minutes from Crescent City, about a half of an hour from the Redwoods, and along the Illinois River in Oregon.

Homer, Alaska--I still miss it!!

Elkton, OR--a town in between Roseburg, OR and Reedsport, OR on the Umpqua river. Close to where I was born. (About 45 minutes away) Close to my favorite golf course in the world in Sutherlin OR, and not to far from Rice Hill--best Ice Cream Stand in the World.

Livingston, MT--In the middle of one of the most beautiful valleys in the world. Sorry Bozeman and Belgrade, Livingston has ya beat hands down for beauty. Along the Yellowstone River.

Globe, AZ--about half way between Fort Apache and Phoenix. Not a pretty place, but lots of beauty around it.

Spokane, WA or Couer d'Aleine, ID--My dream area to live. Rivers, lakes, mountains, and a medium size city all nearby.

What about all of you?

If you need a little guidance from a cool website click here

3 comments:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I would definitely agree with Spokane. That's one of my top places to live. I'm gonna post on this as well. This is a fantastic idea!!

In an ideal world, in other words.

Alaska? What was that like? I would agree with the Livingston thing except for the whole wind thing.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

Yeah, Phil, I can't say I agree with Butte, but I'm glad that you love it there because that's where you are, and you should always enjoy where you are.

Friar Tuck said...

Did any of you click on the website? It is pretty cool!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...