Tuesday, February 01, 2005

U2 quotes

Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head--
"Miracle Drug" from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Jesus never let me down
You know Jesus used to show me the score.
Then they put Jesus in show business
Now it's hard to get in the door.--
"If God would Send His Angels" from Pop

To touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal.
If you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel--
"Mysterious Ways" from Achtung Baby

I was a sailor, I was lost at sea
I was under the waves before love rescued me.
I was a fighter, I could turn on a thread
Now I stand accused of the things I've said.
When love comes to town I'm gonna jump that train
When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that flame.
Maybe I was wrong to ever let you down
But I did what I did before love came to town.--
"When Love Comes to Town" with BB King on "Rattle and Hum"

Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things--
"Grace" from All That You Can't Leave Behind

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth
To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth
Jesus this song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth
Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth?
This peace on Earth
"Peace on Earth" from All that You Can't Leave Behind

You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Oh my shame, you know I believe it.
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.
"Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from Joshua Tree

I wanna run, I want to hide
I wanna tear down the walls
That hold me inside.
I wanna reach out
And touch the flame
"Where the Streets Have No Name" from Joshua Tree

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...