Saturday, February 26, 2005

Lack of Faith Lament

I am beginning to think that for many of us, it is harder to believe that God can change hearts than to think that God can change water to wine.

Can God change the church into something powerful and meaningful like the church in Acts. The churches that we are in? I want to believe he can...but so often I doubt it. I write of churches, denominations, etc as hopeless and begin to disregard them. Why is that? So often I associate churches with words like Godforsaken. Lord forgive me.

I think in churches we also doubt the ability of God to change individual lives, except for of course, our own. Or do we doubt that too?

Can God change the angry bitter person that nit picks everything we do? Can God change the boss that drives us nutty? Can God change the brat that seems to never listen or follow instructions? Of course he can. But for some reason I think that healing the blind man was a little easier.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...