Monday, February 21, 2005

Quotes on Thinking and Intelligence

Wit is educated insolence.
Aristotle

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein
(did Einstein have self-esteem issues? :) )

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.
Sigmund Freud

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.
Dolly Parton
(you will have to ask me about my one good blonde joke--warning it is a little off color)

The course of every intellectual, if he pursues his journey long and unflinchingly enough, ends in the obvious, from which the non-intellectuals have never stirred.
Aldous Huxley

Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.
E. B. White

Common sense is not so common.
Voltaire

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...