Friday, February 11, 2005

Quotes for today

I have done many things that conflicted with the great aims I had set for myself--something has always set me on the right path again.--
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

If I, even for a moment, accept my culture's definition of me, I am rendered useless--
Eugene Peterson

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.--
Anais Nin

There is nothing so whole as a broken heart.--
Hassidic saying

True spirituality is not a diversion from life. It is essentially subversive, and the test of its genuineness is practical--
Kenneth Leech

The Christians who did the most for the present world were the ones that thought the most about the next.--
CS Lewis

In my experience nothing tortures us so much as longing.....
Bonhoeffer

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...