Friday, February 11, 2005

A little rant

I was once young and now I am old.

And in my years I have discovered a drastic change in the way that used bookstores work. In the old days, all people needed was a cover price on the dust jacket or a guess to price their used books. Now the book buying world has turned topsy-turvy. With the proliferation of the internet, any book dealer can look up their books on websites right away and know how much those books are worth.

Gone are the days of sneaky little bargains in used bookstores. Gone are the days where you could find a $100 book for $5 because nobody recognized it, and only I knew its value. What a travesty!

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...