Sunday, June 09, 2013

Getting Back Into the Groove



For a long time, I have been slacking on this blog. Sure I have been using for reviews, which is all well and good. But I have failed to use it for its original purpose, which was to improve writing skills and to find ways to "think out loud" about my life and ministry. I am wanting to get back to that. I figure since I don't have "meals" so to speak for the next month, it might be a good time to find my voice again.

Things I plan on talking about:

  • Challenges and life as a pastor/minister
  • sermons I am working on....and sermon series
  • Life after bariatric surgery
  • things about kids and marriage
  • Other random thoughts that escape me if I don't take time to articulate them and write them down
  • Pictures I have taken
  • Life in South Dakota
  • Books
  • Quotes that I find interesting
  • Current events
Most of my devotional work will be tied in with our church website. WHen I post there I will also set up a link on this blog however.

I think I need to blog more regularly again. I need this in order to be mentally sharp and to have a disciplined time of reflection. Besides, with this connected to the Twitter and the Facebook, I should get lots of feedback about some things. 

It has always been my goal as a minister of the gospel to be open and transparent. I admit at times in the last few years I have been withdrawing. Perhaps blogging will help.



No comments:

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...