Friday, November 11, 2005

Pastor Speak

The other day I took some of the gals out to dinner while there parents were in meetings at the church. We had a discussion that went something like this.

Girl 1: Guys tell me they like my butt best

Girl 2: You would think guys would tell me they like my breasts the best. But they seem to make comments about how they like my legs. I hate my legs, so I dont get it.

Me: Strange, guys dont tell me anything like that.

Brief obligatory laughter

Girl 1: My best quality is my butt definitely.

Girl 2: My best quality is my breasts definitely.

Me: Girls, your best qualities have nothing to do with your body parts

Both Girls: SHUT UP!

Girl 1: That is pastor talk, and when we go to dinner no pastor talk is allowed.

Girl 2: Yeah, only friend talk and girl talk. You cant say what you are supposed to say.

4 comments:

see-through faith said...

ROFL

what a great ministry. only friend talk :)

Oricon Ailin said...

LOL!!! Yup, just as I was saying...the perception is that you are only supposed to say pastoral stuff or soft talk. No getting down to the nitty gritty. hehehehe

Gossip Cowgirl said...

except that what you said is probably true and they don't want to hear it...

rubyslipperlady said...

So what did you say after that? What do they want you to say, that they like thier butt and boobs, too? I shudder to think. Were we like this? I mean, I'm sure we were to a point perhaps (enough qualifiers) and I sound old saying it, but really.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...