Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The place I have lived: Listed and ranked.

I have lived in the following places.

Homer, AK
Soldotna, AK
Ashland, OR
Roseburg, OR
Douglas County, OR
Deerfield, IL
Sterling, KS
Kansas City, KS
Peoria, IL
Powers Lake, ND
Stony River, AK
Colorado Springs, CO
Belgrade, MT

This is how I would rank these places from best to worst:

1. Homer, AK--one of my favorite places in the whole world.
2. Douglas County, OR--not Roseburg, but living out of town along the river
3. Belgrade, MT--loved the place, loved the community, needed to leave the job
4. Ashland, OR--Beautiful, gorgeous wonderful place
5. Kansas City, KS--my fave metro area I have lived in (over Chicago and Front Range)
6. Roseburg, OR--home sweet home--where I was born and was until 5th grade
7. Powers Lake, ND--a little too rural. Great in the summer, but would not want winter.
7. Soldotna, AK--Like it better visiting then when I lived there.
9. Deerfield, IL--had no car when I went to school in this wealthy IL suburb.
9. Colorado Springs, CO--nice size, not a friendly place so far. Grown too fast.
11. Stony River, AK--would be much higher if I had running water while living there.
12. Sterling, KS--went to school here. Did well. Never want to go back.
13. Peoria, IL--hot, sticky, trashy....with a whole lotta bad experiences.

8 comments:

Kat said...

wow...quite the list...wonder what the reason was for so many places?

i've lived in only a few places, but visited many.

lived in...
muncy, PA
new egypt, NJ
bethlehem, PA
mt. vernon, OH
newark, OH
allentown, PA

that's it! (for living anyways) i'm hoping to live in maine someday.

Drea Inspired said...

HA! I haven't visited that many places let alone lived in that many!

SUPER said...

okay...you've definitely got me beat!
Liberal, KS. Yuck
Hays, KS. Too much fun
Nashville, TN Not enough $$$
Hays, KS Too much school
Liberal, KS Yuck
Denver, CO Not enough JOB
Liberal, KS YUCK!

Could be worse...you too could be in L-town.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

You've lived in Power's Lake? When did you live there?

Obviously, not your favorite place to live. I agree @ the Plains region...great summers, winters suck.

You've got me beat:

Raymond, MT
Plentywood, MT
Kenosee Lake, SK
Bozeman, MT
Regina, SK
Lustre, MT
Portland, OR
Moorhead, MN

Friar Tuck said...

I spent a summer in Powers Lake as a youth and childrens minister when I was in seminary.

Did K-COLLEGE programming at $200/week plus housing and utilities (I stayed in a little one bedroom cottage in back of one the houses in town.)

I liked it A LOT, but since I had to drive an hour round trip to rent videos or get Chinese food I am not sure I could take living there long term.

San Nakji said...

Beat me too...

North Harbour, New Zealand
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Seoul, Korea
Nara, Japan

Brea said...

I've been feeling lately like I need to pack up and move away. I'm way too comfortable here.

rubyslipperlady said...

Sorry to hear about Sterling, we will never agree on this one.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...