Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Places I almost moved: listed and rated

Pueblo, CO
Marietta, OH
Philidelphia, PA
Spokane, WA
Flagstaff, AZ
Memphis, TN
Kirkland, WA
Fairbanks, AK
Rushville, IN

Ranked:
1. Marietta, OH--was offered an associate pastor position here.
2. Spokane, WA--almost went to Whitworth College, but not enough $. This was my #1 choice though.
3. Philidelphia, PA--job interview in suburbs was cancelled, but had the ticket. LOVED PHILLY.
4. Flagstaff, AZ--southern AZ is too dang hot, but love N. Arizona and S. Utah. When we moved to AK is was a toss up from what mom said between AK and Flagstaff.
5. Memphis, TN--was asked to candidate here after I accepted a call to Belgrade, MT. Always wondered what might have been.....
6. Pueblo, CO--Strangely enough for those who have been there, this town has a peculiar fond place in my heart.
7. Fairbanks, AK--Had two flirtations here as a college choice. Both times I chose to go to different schools. Also interviewed for a job here. They turned me down, and then called back a year later to offer me the job. The year after that they folded as a church. Phew! Glad I didnt go there. That and when I did pulpit supply there it was 0F and people were out jogging. They told me they closed down the church when it got under -35F.
8. Rushville, IN
9. Kirkland, WA--did not like the Tri-cities area at ALL. Job interview offered here.

2 comments:

San Nakji said...

Man, Fairbanks would have been cool (bad joke). I would love to go to Alaska!

SUPER said...

OMG- Anywhere in Tennesse...GO if you get the chance again! It's beautiful! I'd love to be back there again!
Perhaps someday when all this teaching license and grad school stuff is out of the way!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...