Tuesday, November 08, 2005

CS Lewis quotes

When all of the suns and nebulae have passed away, each one of you will still be alive.

I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrong and possibly broken.

Do not waste time in bothering whether you love your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do that we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you love someone, you presently come to love them.

Men rush to complexity, but they yearn for simplicity.

Only those who resist temptation know how strong it is...we never know the strength of the evil impulse until we try to fight it.

One of the great dangers of having a lot of money is that you can be quite satistfied with the kinds of happiness money can give and never realize your need for God.

God loves us, not because we are lovable, but because he is love.

2 comments:

see-through faith said...

GREAT :)

I love CS Lewis.

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I just love the second one. I feel like that so much. Like I was created for another world, and I could never put a name to what that feeling was until I started reading CS Lewis and John Eldridge.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...