Monday, February 27, 2006

A New Hiding Place


















My buddy Amy and I were driving around in the mountains, and she made a turn off of the main road for as Forrest Gump would say "no particular reason whatsoever".

We ended up in small little village called Green Mountain Falls. It is only a couple of miles uphill from Manitou Springs, but it was absolutely beautiful. (Amy has pictures coming, but I am not sure how good they are going to be....I have been very tired for some reason.)

It has a pretty lake with a gazzebo and a swiss chalet type of vibe. Part of me wants to spend the night in the local fleabag motel just because.....as a little retreat. For now, I am looking for a little coffee shop up there to work at when I am tired of working in the office.

The pictures some pictures taken in the summer.We were there on a cloudy day with cold weather and the lake was frozen and snow covered.

Even better....you can fish there!WOO HOO!

I can't wait to go back. And to think I did not even know it was there.

9 comments:

see-through faith said...

hidden in the palm of His hand :)

be blessed in your heavenly haven

Fahd Mirza said...

I can understand the jubilant thrilling feeling. Someyears back, I and my friend used to wander in the hinterland of Pakistan. It was very thrilling.

It amazed us that there were so many places just nearby to our homes we didnt know exist.

Oricon Ailin said...

Oooh...very pretty. I wish I had a place to go and just relax like that. Such a beautiful creation!

Dreaming again said...

ahhhh the mountains!!

I found your blog through Deneice's The Journey.

I lived in Pueblo as a teenager, we could see Pikes Peak from our kitchen window. As a child, I grew up near Yosemite National Park in California.

Now living in the mountainless state of Oklahoma ... and missing the mountains something terrible!

The mountains declare the glory of God ... ahhhhhhhhhh

sigh ....

San Nakji said...

It's cool when you find places like that!

rubyslipperlady said...

I love an adventure and there's nothing like a random turn off of the beaten path to touch your spirit.

Thanks for takin' the journey with me, friend.

rubyslipperlady said...

I can't believe this place has a website. I need to go digital.

Brea said...

Isn't it great to find a little solace close by? Instead of a flea bag hotel, what about just camping outside?

Superstar Nic said...

Wow what a beautiful place. I wish I could find somewhere as beautiful and serene as this where I live!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...