Sunday, May 29, 2005

4 movies "Coming Soon" I have no desire to see

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants---Despite having America Ferrera in it (I watched the dreadful Real Women Have Curves just to see her in it, and Amber Tamblyn in it (she does a great job in Joan of Arcadia) this seems like too much of a teeny bopper chic flick to suffer through.

Lords of Dogtown--Not up for a retrospective of skating culture. I might be up for it as a documentary, but not as a feature film. Reminds me of ROCK STAR for skaters.

War of the Worlds--Don't like Tom Cruise, except for his role in Collateral. Like to remember this story the way it was.

The Perfect Man--A Hillary Duff movie. Enough said.

2 comments:

Scott said...

You don't like Cruise? Have you seen Magnolia?

Epic said...

Cruise doesn't bother me. I've been waiting many years for someone to remake War of the Worlds and I can't wait to see it.

2005 is the year of War of the Worlds. There are 3 version of it coming out this year, 2 on DVD. Pendragon films is following the book closely and setting the story in the 1890's. I can't wait.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...