Thursday, May 12, 2005

A little less adventurous

I think I am doing alright. Then I get pictures below of family and I think, I sure would like to be a heck of a lot closer to them. Or at least somebody.

Almost all of my family is on the West Coast. My mom in Alaska. Dad in Washington. Grandparents in Oregon. Sister in California. And I am well...ahem...at least 20 hours drive away. Ughhh.

Most of my life I have been one who wants to go on an adventure. To seek out new places. To meet new people. But lately, I have a hankering to settle down. To move closer to home. To be near family. To find a place where I could stay for a while.

Part of it is, Colorado is a lot further away than I thought. I thought..Rocky Mountains. I forgot...two hours from Kansas and Nebraska

Part of it is, I really do not like the city as much as I used to. Especially a sprawling exurbia like I live in right now. Other than work, I guess I really do not think there is much here for me.

2 comments:

Brea said...

I can imagine it would be terribly lonely to be so far away from your family. I often wonder if I could handle the distance - only having lived an hour away from close family at any given time . . . Hopefully you can find someone close by who is as good as family.

Oricon Ailin said...

Living far from family is very hard. I did it for 14 years of my life. My dad was in the Marines, so we lived everywhere except where family was. Now, I live near a bit of my family, but, those I am closest too, are still 2000 miles away. It sure is difficult. *HUGS* I pray that the Lord guides you and gives you courage, Clint.

*hugs*

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...