Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A boring, somewhat poorly written account of my day

Today was/is a very active day.

I have been working toward getting a second job seasonally over the Christmas break. I think I may have a good lead working at a TARGET SUPERCENTER. It would be working the graveyard shift stocking. I am a little nervous, but we will see how it goes!

Then I went here for a meeting:



It was an interesting experience. I had always thought of it as some overpriced, yuppy enclave. It is just that. But it has free internet connection which is nice, and the food tasted better than I expected.

I had a meeting there about a few things. I talked a little bit with my ministry coach about my future. We spent the majority of the time talking about the mission trip we are planning to Gulfport, MS. We are Baptists, but are planning on partnering with a Methodist church. We are trying to help the area recover from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

Then I went back to the office and worked on putting together speakers for our denominational camp for the summer. And I discovered Google Images, which I can tell is going to be a fantastic resource!!!

Now I have one more day this week to get all my regular stuff accomplished.

**Takes deep breathe**

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Brea said...

I did the Target overnight seasonal job a few years back. It is hard adjusting to the sleep schedule but the work is easy. Oh and I loooooooooove Panera. Yum!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...