Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I am secure enough in my masculenity to admit.....

Sometimes it is difficult for us guys to admit that we like things that don't fit the strong, macho image we like to project. But I am a man of courage, so I will shoot straight with you and share a few things that I am secure enough in my masculenity to admit.....

1.) I like marguiritas and strawberry daqauris. In fact, I like them better than beer.

2.) I really do find When Harry Met Sally entertaining. In fact, I have a Bible study on my bookshelf that starts out with a quote from the movie in every chapter. I denied that I thought this movie for about 10 years. And I am still a little embarrased to admit it ***hangs head, face turns red***.

3.) I like flowers. Infact, I buy myself flowers on occasion (cause I know nobody else will). I also like picking wildflowers.

4.) I think video games, for the most part, are childish and stupid.

5.) Except for grocery stores, I love to shop

6.) I purchased a Jessica Simpson song on ITUNES--***tries to cover face in shame***
(but it is because it reminded me of the way she looked in THAT video)

7.) I sing really loud along with my radio in my car.

8.) I already have names planned for my children.
Boys: Tuck, Luther, Calvin, Augustine
Girls: Faith, Hope, Charity, Grace

But in case you think less of me realize that:

1.) Right now I have more beer in my fridge than any other beverage.

2.) I HATE Sleepless in Seattle.

3.) I had a standing agreement with my fiancee in college that I would clean the bathrooms for as long as I was physically able if I did not have to change a diaper. And I have never had to change a poopy diaper in my life.

4.) The show I most faithfully watch in ESPN Sportscenter

Are you surprised by anything on this list??

16 comments:

:| raven |: said...

i hate When Harry Met Sally .. but i don't mind Sleepless in Seattle ...

video games are cool: Sonic the Hedgehog ... Crash Bandicoot ... and lots these days are educational!!!

i really can't get over that you a) listen to secular music and b) that you actually BUY it ... and Jessica Simpson most of all!

so are you saying when you get married and have children ... and when you are with your son or daughter by yourself that if they have a messy diaper .. you're going to leave them in it until your wife gets home?

Friar Tuck said...

Yes....I hang my head in shame at the Jessica Simpson purchase. Though she is a PK so she is almost a Contemporary Christian singer, right. LOL.

As for the messy diaper, if I get married, I am filled with fear at this situation. I plan to call for backup. LOL.

Actually I would prefer to adopt kids that are not babies....but that is a difficult way to go.

feels good b n FREE said...

i LOVE this list Clint...lol
of course
u r such a manly man. :)

oh and btw..i linked u to my page.


xoxo

AsianSmiles said...

i think you're masculine enough. (and we both hate Sleepless in Seattle)

Brotha Buck said...

Clint, I think you gotta little bit of brotha in you. With your taste in music as you've posted before and now shopping. I don't like to shop, but I know some brothas who loves to shop and and dress and style as much as the women.

Brea said...

#3 - I ddin't know you were engaged at one point

#4 - I didn't know you were a sports center type person

Friar Tuck said...

@ Buck--Thanks, unless you are questioning my mother's good name at the time I was concieved.

@Asian--thanks for stopping by. Two comments puts ya on the Friar's blogroll! Thanks also for affirming my manliness.

@DRC--you are a sweetheart!

Brea--when I was 19 and yes I am a sports nut.

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
San Nakji said...

Diapers (or nappies as we call them down here) are nothing to be scared of. Changing them is a breeze and since the child is your own, it is amazing what you can put up with.

Friar Tuck said...

@san nakji--
I have heard that from others. But I still dread the day....

San Nakji said...

Don't dread, it is a wonderful experience!

rubyslipperlady said...

I KNEW IT! How can you not love Harry and Sally. And to think, when Mendy & I made you watch it over Thanksgiving your first words when it was over and we looked your way expectantly, knowing and hoping that you loved it as we did (which would be hard, I admit, we were fanatics!) -- "It's a chick flick." We were heartbroken. Glad to know that you can finally boldly proclaim your devotion. Makes me love ya even more, my friend.

rubyslipperlady said...

Oh, yea. Wow, names and those names, hmmmm, made me giggle, so reformed of you. Do you really want 8 or just picking good names?

Friar Tuck said...

@ Amy--the movie is an acquired taste. And I am open for as many as come my way.

SUPER said...

Okay, the next movie you must watch and admit to CRYING to...is the Notebook. Fantabulous my friend!
I like all the names you have picked out...my top girl name right now is Madeline. I'm obssessed with it, think it's adorable.
I want to only adopt, but don't care about the ages...and am not afraid of a little baby poop! I know...it's odd coming from the germaphobe that desperately needs therapy...but when it's your kid...I just don't think the germs matter anymore.

Anonymous said...

No kidding, Sarah, I've seen you sit with your dog's butt on your face. ick!

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...