Tuesday, November 01, 2005

All mixed up!

I was all mixed up last week.

The party was Saturday and not Friday. I went as Homer Simpson. It was ok. Fun to meet some new people I guess. But generally not into the DJ that the apartment people bring in for the big shindigs. He does not play a diversity of music, so 90 percents of the stuff is either dance remixes that he did himself of stuff, or other more hip hop stuff. I dont mind hip hop stuff, but I am not into all the lets dance together by humping each other with our clothes on dances. So I generally just sip on a pop or a beer while everybody else is back-dancing like crazy folks.

My fave dances are wedding dances, where there is a little bit of everything is played. Also it is more about just having fun than a performance.

I did not win any of the prizes. I was sad about that. My gamble did not pay off.

My movie that I wanted to see does not come out for another few weeks so I did not see that.

And then I cooked 4 dinners and did 5 loads of laundry today. So I am feeling almost caught up with everything as far as that goes. I bought candy, but only had on visitor. I think it was because my whole building was one bedroom apartments, and I was the only one that had a sign up.

So know there is all this candy. I wonder what is going to happen to it?

3 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

bummer about the costume. where are the pics?

Friar Tuck said...

No pics!

Brotha Buck said...

Oh, I am not into the booty dance thing either. One time maybe four years ago, my wife and her cousin took our old selves out and went dancing down at the teeny bop clubs. Her cousin danced with me and started doing that booty thing to me and it was all too embarrassing, and, well inappropriate since shes a cousin of the wifes.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...