Monday, February 20, 2006

Deer Xing

This morning on my way home from the office, at about 1:30am in THE MIDDLE of our town of 1/2 million people I was coming over the hill on the way home and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a big buck deer in the middle of the road.

Wow!

There were six deer that were just off the road as well. I had to slam on my brakes. They were coming down close to the road where the snow had melted a little more than up the hill in the shady trees. What fun!

I thought of San Nakji and thought I should take a picture, but to no avail. It was too dark outside.

5 comments:

San Nakji said...

Thanks for thinking of me Friar. You should have tried to take a photo anyway, you never know!

The Gig said...

Wow, Clint -- I'm glad you didn't get hit by one or crash into them. God was certainly with you.

feels good b n FREE said...

it happens too much here in NJ.
i drive in a cold sweat at night n certain areas....i can't take it

San Nakji said...

I am sure the deer are not that happy about the situation either!

Fahd Mirza said...

perhaps deers would also be thinking about San afterwards. :)

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...