Monday, September 19, 2005

Some quotes for today: Which do you like best, which do you like least

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
Henry Ward Beecher

Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy.
Dwight L. Moody

Give me a man who says this one thing I do, and not those fifty things I dabble in.
Dwight L. Moody

A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
Billy Graham

When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart.
John Bunyan

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.
John Wesley

When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
John Wesley

Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
John Wesley

A quarrel between friends, when made up, adds a new tie to friendship.
Saint Francis de Sales

It is the mark of a mean, vulgar and ignoble spirit to dwell on the thought of food before meal times or worse to dwell on it afterwards, to discuss it and wallow in the remembered pleasures of every mouthful. Those whose minds dwell before dinner on the spit, and after on the dishes, are fit only to be scullions.
Saint Francis de Sales

There was never an angry man that thought his anger unjust.
Saint Francis de Sales

God will begin to prosper you, for money always follows righteousness.
Benny Hinn

When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink.
Francois Rabelais

4 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

I really like this one:

When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart.
John Bunyan

Brea said...

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can. "

-John Wesley

Gossip Cowgirl said...

I love the John Bunyan quote because the most beautiful times with God I've ever had have been without words, and sometimes I think prayer aloud can be as agendized and politically motivated as any speeches or sermons I've ever heard.

Is the Benny Hinn quote a red herring? What *is* that guy on, anyway? If money follows righteousness, shouldn't Jesus have been wealthier than anyone in the history of the planet? And yet he encourages us to give it all up and follow Him? Hmmm...I wonder who's telling the truth? Jesus? Or Benny Hinn???

Anonymous said...

Saint Francis de Sales about food. hmmm I'm hungry.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...