Friday, September 02, 2005

Some quotes for Today

About church....

"The truth of the matter is, there would be some churches that wouldn't grow if Moses was the pastor and Elijah was the educational director..."

About the culture, materialism and change....

"The old system was keeping up with the Joneses. The new system is keeping up with the Gateses."
Juliet B. Schor, professor of sociology at Boston College

About Jesus...
"In all my career I dont think I have ever faced such a daunting task. And there were moments I came near giving up. I prayed. I asked for guidance. I scrapped hundreds of pages."
Anne Rice, author of several vampire novels, on her latest writing project Christ is Lord--a first person account of Jesus' early life.

1 comment:

Brotha Buck said...

Vampires, we have much in common in our bloggin comments as of late. Kinda.

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...