Thursday, September 29, 2005

Top 100 of 1991

As per Raven's idea, I went to this site and copied the top 100 songs of the year. In a modifcation of her idea (cause I dont get how to do a lot of the things she does on her blog), I will bold songs I like, italic ones that are faves, and put a bunch of ##### by ones I cannot stand.

19911. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, Bryan Adams
2. I Wanna Sex You Up, Color Me Badd######
3. Gonna Make You Sweat, C+C Music Factory
4. Rush Rush, Paula Abdul #########
5. One More Try, Timmy T ########
6. Unbelievable, EMF
7. More Than Words, Extreme
8. I Like The Way (The Kissing Game), Hi-Five
9. The First Time, Surface
10. Baby, Baby, Amy Grant #########
11. Motownphilly, Boyz II Men
12. Because I Love You (The Postman Song), Stevie B
13. Someday, Mariah Carey
14. High Enough, Damn Yankees
15. From A Distance, Liette Midler #########
16. All The Man That I Need, Whitney Houston
17. Right Here, Right Now, Jesus Jones
18. I Adore Mi Amor, Color Me Badd
19. Love Will Never Do (Without You), Janet Jackson
20. Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch Featuring Loleatta Holloway
21. Justify My Love, Madonna#########
22. Emotions, Mariah Carey #######
23. Joyride, Roxette
24. Romantic, Karyn White
25. I Don't Wanna Cry, Mariah Carey
26. Hold You Tight, Tara Kemp
27. You're In Love, Wilson Phillips
28. Every Heartbeat, Amy Grant #######
29. Sensitivity, Ralph Tresvant
30. Touch Me (All Night Long), Cathy Dennis
31. I've Been Thinking About You, Londonbeat
32. Do Anything, Natural Selection
33. Losing My Religion, R.E.M.
34. Coming Out Of The Dark. Gloria Estefan
35. Here We Go. C+C Music Factory
36. It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over, Lenny Kravitz
37. Where Does My Heart Beat Now, Celine Dion
38. Summertime, D.J. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
39. Wind Of Change, Scorpions
40. P.A.S.S.I.O.N., Rhythm Syndicate
41. The Promise Of A New Day, Paula Abdul
42. I'm Your Baby Tonight, Whitney Houston
43. Love Of A Lifetime, Firehouse
44. Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave), Roxette
45. This House, Tracie Spencer
46. Hole Hearted, Extreme
47. Power Of Love-Love Power, Luther Vandross
48. Impulsive, Wilson Phillips
49. Love Is A Wonderful Thing, Michael Bolton
50. Rhythm Of My Heart, Rod Stewart
51. Things That Make You Go Hmmmm..., C+C Music Factory
52. I Touch Myself, Divinyls
53. Tom's Diner, DMA
54. Iesha, Another Bad Creation
55. Something To Talk About, Bonnie Raitt
56. After The Rain, Nelson #######
57. Play That Funky Music, Vanilla Ice
58. Temptation, Corina
59. Can't Stop This Thing We Started, Bryan Adams
60. I Can't Wait Another Minute, Hi-Five
61. 3 A.M. Eternal, The KLF
62. Something to Talk About Bonnie Raitt
63. Saideness Part I, Enigrna ????
64. Around The Way Girl, LL Cool J
65. I'll Be There, Escape Club
66. Cream, Prince and The N.P.G.
67. Now That We Found Love, Heavy D. and The Boyz
68. Show Me The Way, Styx
69. Love Takes Time, Mariah Carey
70. Cry For Help, Rick Astley
71. The Way You Do The Things You Do, UB40
72. Here I Am (Come and Take Me), UB40
73. Signs, Tesla
74. Too Many Walls, Cathy Dennis
75. Crazy, Seal
76. I'll Give All My Love To You, Keith Sweat
77. Place In This World, Michael W. Smith ##########
78. Something To Believe In, Poison
79. Wicked Game, Chris Issak
80. Get Here, Oleta Adams
81. Round and Round, Tevin Campbell
82. Silent Lucidity, Queensryche
83. I'm Not In Love, Will To Power
84. Piece Of My Heart, Tara Kemp
85. Real Real Real, Jesus Jones
87. Just Another Dream, Cathy Dennis
88. Everybody Plays The Fool, Aaron Neville
88. Strike It Up, Black Box
89. Rico Suave, Gerardo
90. Disappear, INXS
91. Groove Is In The Heart, Deee-Lite
92. All This Time, Sting
93. The One and Only, Chesney Hawkes
94. O.P.P., Naughty By Nature
95. Freedom 90, George Michael
96. I Saw Red, Warrent
97. Miles Away, Winger
98. Do You Want Me, Salt-N-Pepa
99. The Motown Song, Rod Stewart
100. Shiny Happy People, R.E.M.

13 comments:

SUPER said...

I absolutely LOVE Extreme's More than Words! Great song!

Anonymous said...

Seems you disklike more songs than you like.

Friar Tuck said...

With 1991 music I would say that is true. Now with music from the 80s....that is a different story.

I am not big on cheesy pop rock stuff.

Now if U2 had released an album....

Friar Tuck said...

Ok, I reviewed it and found a few more I liked

rubyslipperlady said...

Something to Talk About Bonnie Raitt Did you notice this is on here more than once. I mean, it is a keeper (and the finally of the movie of the same title with Juila Robert and Dennis Quaid), but twice?

:| raven |: said...

ok let me get this straight.

you're a youth minister ... at a christian church .. yet you hate Michael W. Smith ... but like Scorpions, the song "I Touch Myself", Poison, Tesla, and O.P.P (which is a song that encourages infidelity)?

alrighty then ....

:)

Friar Tuck said...

Yeah yeah yeah

Cannot stand MWS

His voice is too wispy.

OPP.....yeah I feel badly about that but had to be honest.

And I touch myself.....well I just wont go there.

I thought--should I be honest or should I put what people expect me to put.

I did the latter.

Brotha Buck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
:| raven |: said...

of course it's not about what people 'expect' you to put .. you should be honest.

i love MWS ... but then again i love most all contemporary Christian music ... Third Day and Newsboys the most ... Jars of Clay too ....

but i strongly dislike Amy Grant ... simply because of her infidelity ... she has a gift (voice) and is someone that kids look up to .. in that position which is God given ... you have a greater responsibility to set an example.

are you conficted? :)

:| raven |: said...

errr .. that would be "conflicted"

it's too dam early ....

Friar Tuck said...

I don't think I am. Just like some music for music sake that may not have the best lyrical content.

I have this best of hip hop album that has..

Cant Touch This
Ice Ice Baby
Bust a Move
Baby Got Back
OPP

I think it is all just fun music.

But I can see where you are coming from, because I cannot stand 50 cent because his lyrical content is too raunchy. I guess like most songs there are feelings and memories attached to them.

I touch myself I always just thought was funny.

And the Tesla song is just classic.

I have always kinda liked the 80s hard rock type stuff, though SIGNS is more of an acoustic power ballad, as is the Poison and Extreme stuff.

As for the Christian stuff, all the stuff that crossed over at that time was the "pop fluff" type of music, and I was more into the "Christian Rock" stuff.

MWS's voice is too wispy.

As for Christian music today--I like the David Crowder Band, Third Day, Jennifer Knapp, and Switchfoot, Toby Mac, DC Talk, but cannot stand groups like Plus One etc.

Our youth group gets new albums every quarter from a subscription we have, so I can put those on my REAL PLAYER.

There are glorious exceptions, but I think Christian music does best when it sticks to worship type of stuff generally. When it tries to just copycat mainstream stuff it ends up being substandard.

And I believe there is a lot of gospel in good music that is not "Christian".

Which will lead me to my next post on music later today.

WHO THOUGHT MUSIC WOULD BRING UP SO MANY OTHER ISSUES!!!

The Gig said...

Okay Clint, while we have you naming music; how about your favorite movie?

The Gig said...

I forgot to put the "s" on the word movie. I meant to say "movies."

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...