Sunday, April 10, 2005

Boxers or Briefs

I drove to work this morning in a blizzard. Let me tell you just how snowy it is. They have closed the Interstate Between Dowtown Colorado Springs (where I am now) and Denver. Nevertheless, the call of Christ compelled me to make my way to church in the morning. And my work ethic. And the fact that I probably will not get a chance to preach again anytime soon.

So, our church of 175-200 had 9 in Sunday School and 7 in worship.

As I headed out the door, I began to wonder, if I get stuck in the snow and die somewhere along the way....what underwear do I want to be found in?

No, you must know I am at the end of my laundry in socks and underwear. So, I had to find something that I would not be afraid to literally "be caught dead in". Boxers or briefs?

If you must know.....my smiley face glow in the dark boxers seemed the appropriate choice.

2 comments:

Don Tate II said...

I dont want to be laid out in the snow wearing anything brief. Dead or alive. Funny!

And yes, you can use that image however you like. Thanks for asking.

Oricon Ailin said...

LOL!!! Smiley face glow in the dark boxers, huh? Should've worked THAT one into your sermon! hehe

BTW, how DID the sermon go.

Remember, it doesn't matter whether you preach to 100 people or 1 person...just so long as you are spreading the Good News.

I'm sorry about the bad weather! El Paso has had 50-60 mile per hour winds...really makes for a bad hair day!

Book Review of Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katy Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oaks, and Tish Harrison Warren and illustrated by Liita Forsyth

Little Prayers for Ordinary Days by Katie Bowser Hutson, Flo Paris Oakes, and Tish Harrison Warren IVP Kids ISBN 978-1-5140-0039-8 Reviewed ...