Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Where has all the comedy gone

Last night I went to Blockbuster to pick up some movies. Now, the whole day I had been struggling with this political disaster that we have on our hands at our church which I shall affectionately refer to as "The Upskirt Affair." What did I do right? What did I do wrong? I even had one of those nights where I thought about it the whole time I slept.'

I went to the movie store to look for a comedy. Could I find a decent one? No....I could not. All the movies that are coming to video, with the exception of Dodgeball and Anchorman (which I have seen already), were either action flicks or drama.

Then Tim got me thinking about the state of comedy on television. With the exception of the subtle humor of Desparate Housewives and a few reality shows, what do we have for comedy on television today either? I cannot think of much. Maybe the David LaChappelle Show, if you have cable. So I rented a Chris Rock Stand Up DVD, Hotel Rwanda, and the Woodmen.

And I wondered....where has all the comedy gone?

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...