Tuesday, April 26, 2005

More Anne Lammott quotes

Age has given me what I was looking for my entire life-it has given me ME.

I live by the truth that "NO" is a complete sentence. I rest as a spiritual act.

Rubble is the ground on which our deepest friendships are built.

Its not that I think less of myself, its that I think of myself less often.

The opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty

It is good to do uncomfortable things. It is weight training for life

Faith is not about how we feel, but how we live.

This drives me crazy, that God seems to have no taste, no standards. Yet on most days, this is what gives me hope.

Moses led his people in circles for forty years that they could get ready for the promised land, because they had too many preconceptions about what a promised land should look like.

The reason I never give up hope is that everything is basically hopeless.

Hope is not logical. It always comes by surprise, just when you think hope all hope is lost.

Fake doesn't feed anything.

....we live in darkness. People know this by the time they are twenty-one; if they don't they are seriously disturbed.

No comments:

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...