Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sideways has drove me sideways

I watched Sideways. Great movie, but depressing.

If I compared it to another movie, I would compare it to American Beauty, which is why it is so critically acclaimed. It is another movie about depression and midlife crisis from a bunch of overmedicated and overintoxicated self-centered Baby Boomers. O, how I hate baby boomers as a generational set. But then again, that is for another post. (If you are a baby boomer my apologies, it doesn't mean I hate you).

On the other hand, it was a brilliant movie. For the scenery alone no less. And the ending with the sense of crossing a new threshold was perfect. And, the acting of the lead character was brilliant as well. Although everytime I see him in a movie I think of the role he played in Private Parts as Howard Stern's Boss in New York.

I liked it a lot.

But in some way it has put me in a funk of my own.

HopefullY I will snap out of it by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Oricon Ailin said...

I have not seen this movie. Hmm, maybe I should check it out.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...