Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Recent Music Purchases

I usually allow myself one CD purchase a month.

Here are a few of my aquisitions since Christmas

Velvet Revolver--a rock and roll album with the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and the Band from Guns n Roses.

Moby-Hotel--Very relaxing music. Double CD set. The ambient set is especially relaxing. I love the song SPIDERS and the imagery on it.

Songs and Prayers from Taize--A work related purchase

Ray-Duets--Another mellow album with Duets of several well-known artists with Ray Charles.

Then there are all the youth group CDs that I have on my work computer. I especially like a band called Something Like Silas.

Hope you all have a great day.

4 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

I like the Taize stuff. As a matter of fact, we have a Taize service once a month on Wednesday nights at our church. It is beautiful to just sit and meditate and listen to the music.

Nice choices for cds!

Have you ever heard of Eden's Bridge? Wonderful Celtic Christian music. *smiles*

Blessings!

traci said...

I agree with citrus on the Ray Charles movie. I walked away from that movie a bit pissed off. Urg... he just made me so mad!

Friar Tuck said...

I admit to being surprised by the openness of Ray to collaberate on this movie, even though parts of it did not make him look so good.

But, I would rather have a truthful flick than a hero flick.

As a guy who has had lots of friends that make questionable decisions in the way they treat women like Ray did, I guess I am able to look at him and just see that as just one part of him.

When training for a camp I worked at one summer, I heard a phrase that stuck with me:

HURT PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE.

I still think it is pretty profound.

Friar Tuck said...

Actually, my friendships and discussion in this regard is not just limited to male behavior.

I have known women who have dated married men--some more than once. Furthermore, I know women who have been friends with women who always end up with married men. Yet, we do not necessarily judge those women as much as the men. And they are doing the same thing.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...