Sunday, April 03, 2005

Tracking inperceptable changes

The coolest thing happened.

I work with a group of youth. Their was a young man who always looked dour when he had to come to any of our youth functions. I came downstairs today and he was smiling. He threw a ball at me. I chased him down, picked him up, and threw him on the couch. He laughed and grinned like I had never seen him laugh and grin before at church. He had changed somehow, and the frustration and anger had left him.

God is about life change. And God changes people. People like you and me. I remember having an awful, awful temper growing up. Screaming. Throwing things. Breaking things. Somehow Jesus, while allowing me to still be angry sometimes, has changed my life so that I can live with self-control.

Also, I see God working in the things I do for him. OK, not earth shattering change, but change none the less. I see friendless people learn how to find friends. I see joyless people find happiness and contentment. It does not happen overnight, but you look at them and you wonder, WOW, look what God has done.

1 comment:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

Preach it...and the coolest thing is, imperceptable change means you've been there, and you're committed.

That's a blessing, isn't it?

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...