Saturday, April 16, 2005

Is wasted time really wasted time

I do not know if I am normal, but in order to function sanely I seem to need at least a little down time no matter how tired I am.

Let me give you an example. On any Sunday, Wednesday, or Thursday night I generally will not get home until between 10 and 11. Sometimes I am just exhausted. Can I immediately go to sleep. Of course not!

I have to do nothing for a couple of hours just to unwind. That nothing often consists of watching Cable News, E, ESPN, or one of the music channels.

I wonder why this is?

Does anyone have any help for me to overcome this?

6 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

I have the same problem. I usually get home a different times during the week, depending on work, church and Youth Group leadership. Most times, I don't get to bed until well after midnight, because I too can't unwind.

Hmmmm.

Don Tate II said...

Have a beer.

Friar Tuck said...

Might be good advice!

Oricon Ailin said...

So, what do you advise if I don't drink?? hehehe

I've only had alcohol twice in my life (except the sip of communion wine on Sundays). After that, I vowed never to drink again. I wasn't happy with the end results. hehehehehe

Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frapp is as strong as I get.

Wait...maybe THAT'S why I can't wind down?! hehe

Friar Tuck said...

I suppose blogging does not help then

Don Tate II said...

The wife uses chamomile tea.

Book Review of the Second Testament by Scot McKnight

The Second Testament: A New Translation By Scot McKnight IVP Press ISBN 978-0-8308-4699-3 Scot McKnight has produced a personal translation ...